The EMTA, better known as the “e”, can get you where you need to go — whether that’s to work, school, around or across town.
In order to provide reliable service to as many as possible in Erie County, these fixed routes operate an average of over 20 hours and over 5,500 miles each day, Monday through Sunday.
The “e” runs every day except on the following holidays:
- New Year’s Day
- Easter Sunday
- Memorial Day
- Labor Day
- Fourth of July
Buses are also handicapped accessible. Each bus has a built-in ramp that lowers to allow those in wheelchairs to board easily. Once on board, there are positions available to secure the wheelchair.
Get more information about routes and fares.
The Travel Training Program is a FREE service for those who want to learn how to travel independently using the fixed-route (the e) or paratransit service (LIFT). We offer group and individual training.
For the fixed-route service (the e), learn about:
- How to read route maps and schedules
- Different bus fare options
- How to transfer
- EMTA’s transit tracking options
For the paratransit service (LIFT), learn about:
- The different policies and procedures
- How to make your advance pick-up reservation
Get on board with EMTA and schedule your Travel Training today! Call 814-459-8922 for more information.
Bike on the Bus Program
“Bike on the Bus Program” makes it easy for you to transport your bicycle while riding the “e.“ Bike racks are available throughout the entire year. Passengers are responsible for loading and unloading bikes. Riders use the racks at their own risks. An adult must assist children younger than age 12 with loading and unloading their bikes.
Senior Citizen Route (Fixed Route)
Seniors 65 and older who are interested in riding the “e” are recommended by the EMTA to sign up for the Senior Identification card. Showing this card allows you to ride any EMTA bus for FREE. Applications can be mailed to your home or can be filled out at any of the EMTA offices. To receive an ID card, applicants must show proof that they are age 65 or older.
The following are the acceptable proof of age documents:
- Valid Driver’s License
- Birth Certificate
- Armed Forces Discharge or Separation Papers
- Passport or Naturalization Papers
- PACE card
- Statement of Age Verification (issued by Soc. Sec. Office)
- Baptismal certificate
- PennDot non-drivers license
- Veteran’s Universal Access Card
- Resident Alien Card
For an application click here.
Customers with Disabilities
Customers with a disability qualify for the Reduced Fare Program. To qualify for this program, you must complete the Reduced Fare Application. In order to prove a disability, you must show a valid Medicare card when applying in person at the EMTA offices or have a qualifying agency complete Part B of the Reduced Fare Program application. Once eligible, customers will receive a ‘Reduced Fare’ pass. This must be presented to the EMTA Operator to receive the reduced rates of 80¢ for a one-way fare and 25¢ for a transfer. For more information, please call EMTA Customer Service at 814-452-3515.
EMTA offers the following assistance for our customers with mobility limitations:
- EMTA will transport all wheelchairs regardless of size or weight as long as the ramp/lift and the vehicle can physically accommodate them.
- EMTA will transport customers who use respirators, concentrators, or portable oxygen.
- EMTA will permit guide dogs or other service animals to accompany a customer on their bus.
- Our buses are equipped with a kneeling feature for easier access. If you want the bus to kneel, please ask the operator.
- Our buses are equipped with wheelchair ramps. The driver can assist you in boarding or leaving the bus. If you want the ramp deployed, please ask the operator.
- Our bus operators will request that customers sitting in priority seating or in a flip-up seat over the securement area vacate these seats when a person with a disability needs to use them.
- Our bus operators will allow time for persons with disabilities to board/disembark a vehicle and can assist customers in doing so.
- EMTA will provide materials in large print, braille, and/or audio.
For an application click here.