TITLE VI POLICY
Notice to the Public
Erie Metropolitan Transit Authority (EMTA) gives public notice that it complies with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and all related statutes. Any person who believes they have been aggrieved by unlawful discriminatory practices under Title VI may file a complaint with EMTA.
Under Title VI, financial recipients are also required to provide Limited English Proficiency (LEP) individuals with meaningful access to programs and services. Furthermore, EMTA embraces both Title VI and Environmental Justice objectives and principals, which include:
- Ensuring that the level and quality of public transportation service is provided in a nondiscriminatory manner,
- Promoting full and fair participation in public transportation decision-making without regard to race, color, or national origin,
- Ensuring meaningful access to transit-related programs and activities by persons with limited English proficiency,
- Avoiding, minimizing, or mitigating disproportionately high and adverse human health and environmental effects, including social and economic effects, on minority populations and low-income populations,
- Ensuring the full and fair participation by all potentially affected communities in the transportation decision-making process, and
- Preventing the denial of, reduction of, or significant delay in the receipt of benefits by minority and low-income populations.
For more information on EMTA’s Title VI Program, obligations, procedures and/or to file a complaint, please contact our Title VI Coordinator, Becca Gathers, at (814) 459-8922, extension 133.
You may also mail your complaint form to:
Atten: Becca Gathers – Title VI Coordinator
Erie Metropolitan Transit Authority
127 East 14th Street
Erie, PA 16503
In person complaints may be filed at our administrative office located at 127 East 14th Street, Erie, PA 16503.
You may also file a complaint directly with the Federal Transit Administration or the U.S. Department of Transportation via mail at the following address:
Federal Transit Administration Office of Civil Rights
Attention: Title VI Program Coordinator
East Building, 5th Floor – TCR
1200 New Jersey Ave., SE
Washington, DC 20590
EMTA has established a program goal of 2% annually for DBE Participation in its contract opportunities for Federal Fiscal Years 2024-2026
Pennsylvania Right to Know
Open Records Officer: Dani Duran
814.459.8922 ext. 129