EMTA has increased our cleaning and disinfecting measures for the safety of our riders amidst the COVID-19 outbreak.
Please see below for complete procedures that are in effect. Thank you.
EMTA Bus Cleaning Process:
- Designated bus cleaners will secure their appropriate PPE (personal protective equipment) and cleaning cart with supplies.
- The cleaning crew first targets bus interiors to be detailed.
- Bus cleaners work as a two or three-member team.
- One cleaner will address the front of the bus interior (wipe down driver’s area, dash and front window,etc.).
- The second cleaner will address the rear of the bus interior to the front (wipe down seats, railings/yellow poles and windows, floors, etc.).
- If a third cleaner is available that individual will concentrate solely on the floors (sweep and mop).
- Upon completion of the interior detailing, the bus is then fogged with disinfectant.
- Cleaning team moves onto subsequent bus and restock their supplies.
- All cleaning supplies are labeled and kept in the appropriate storage cabinets. Mops, buckets and cabinets are cleaned and equipment stored.
- Cleaning crew documents work conducted.